A belated Happy New Year! As I indicated in my Holiday Update, I moved to a new house over the holidays and it has been quite hectic. In this post I am wrapping up 2016 with my Best Of, and I look forward to providing you with more amazing knitting information and patterns in 2017.
2016 was a great year for Knitting Unplugged. It’s always interesting and sometimes surprising what posts readers view most. Below are the Top 10 Posts and the Top 5 Weekly Faves! for 2016. Link to them and see which ones you may have missed.
Top 10 Posts
- How To Measure Knitting Length
- A Re-Blog On How To Measure Knitting Length
- Free Patterns
- I-Cord With Straight Needles?
- Details Make A Difference: How To Sew On A Button
- It’s All About The Yarn: Getting To Know Fibers
- Is It Possible To Make Hand Knit Socks Last Longer?
- What About All Those Sleeve Styles, And How Do They Fit Into The Armhole?
- The Pros And Cons Of Knitting With Cotton
- What All Knitters Know: Knit Fabrics Have The Market Cornered In Pattern Stitch Variety
In reviewing this list, I will follow through with some more Free Patterns, demos on some of these topics, and more information on a variety of techniques.
Top 5 Weekly Faves!
- Broken Garter Stitch Scarf – Purl Soho
- Vogue Knitting Magazine, Fall 2015 – Design #9
- Flying Squirrel Wrap/Shrug – Ravelry
- Picot Edge Mohair Throw And Afghan – Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
- Huckle Wrap – Knit Picks
Scarves/wraps are still the number one project amongst knitters and that is why I began Neck-It-On! in 2016. I am continuing with the Weekly Fave! on Fridays, beginning this Friday, January 13, 2017.
Happy Knitting Everyone!